Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Actually completing a tag...

So I was tagged by Happi at The Berger Buzz. I'm supposed to pick the book closest to me up, turn it to page 123 and read the fifth sentence. After that, I'm supposed to type the next three sentences...but the closest book is a picture book with all of 28 pages. So, I'm reaching a little further for a "grown up book." Luckily I'm past page 123, so I won't spoil it (even though if you know me well, you know that I ALWAYS read the endings of book b/c I hate to not know what is happening and I have NO self-control at times).

So here goes..

Ron was out of prison and back in Ada. When his mother died in August 1985, he was in jail awaiting a competency hearing and staring at two more years in prison. Annette and Renee reluctantly sold the small house where they had grown up. When Ron was paroled from prison in 1986, he had no where to live.


From John Grisham's "The Innocent Man"

I HIGHLY recommend this book if you are interested in the legal system at all. I'm half way through it and can hardly believe that it is a true story. It really makes you think about how our country handles crime.

I am also reading "Getting Things Done" by David Allen...it's a great self-help book. We all know I need all the help I can get!

Of course, I'm always reading the Bible. :)

Now, I tag anyone reading this...since I"m still building my blogging friend list.

1 comment:

Happi said...

Thanks for playing, Julie!