Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Summer FUN!



So, I have been MIA in the blog world lately. One of my summer resolutions is to work on this since I am home for most of it.

Life was crazy at the end of the year, and then we went on a vacation as a family. We had sooo much fun. We haven't been anywhere as a family since I was pregnant with Ash. We loaded up the car and headed to the south to visit my family. For those of you who do not know, I am a southern girl at heart. I was born in Nashville, and my entire family is from Georgia, Alabama, and North Carolina. My parents moved us up here when I was little for my dad's job...but I can still go back into my southern drawl when necessary!

The way the trip went, we had to drive...with both the kids! I was very nervous, but they did a great job. Whoever invented a portable DVD player is a genius...(oh, and the pacifier guy too).

We drove a total of 2200 miles on the highway, 30 hours, 4 different days. First we visited my dad's side of the family in Alabama for the weekend. We then drove to my parents' place in Panama City Beach, FL and hung out with them. Finally, we went to northern Georgia for my cousins wedding. (Scary thought that he is married).


I'll be posting pictures over the next couple of days with stories. Hope you are having a fabulous summer...I'm just glad it isn't as hot here as it is in the south! :)

4 comments:

Kristen said...

Hey Julie! LOVE the updated pictures of you and the kiddos. They are getting so big and are just too cute! Glad you had a fun time visiting family. Hope you enjoy this time off with your kids!

Happi said...

Looks like a blast, and yes, you guys are brave to spend that much time with the kiddos in a car. My kids would have gone BANANAS. : ) Glad it worked out and that you guys had fun together!

Hugs,
Happi

Doodlebug said...

Oh my. We are getting ready to take a trip to FL with my 2-1/2 year old who doesn't like to sit still for more than 30 seconds. I am sure it will be 10 hours of bliss. And I am with you on the portable DVD and pacifier thing!

I am in Knoxville and my hubby's family is from NC!

If you ever decide to pretty up your blog let me know! I just did Happi's. :)

Adrienne said...

You and Avery look so beautiful in that pic!